• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

[java] Tracking Image Load Time

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ao   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 September 2000 - 01:10 PM

How would I go about figuring out how much of an image or group of images has been loaded. I looked at mediaTracker but it only wants to tell you if something is still loading, not how much it has loaded. I also looked at ImageObserver, but I''m not to sure about that yet. There must be a way to do this because I''ve seen plenty of java applets with progress bar indicators updating as they load. Thanks, ao

Sponsor:

#2 bobbin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 October 2000 - 02:18 AM

MediaTracker _is_ the right class to use! I guess most people know how many images need to be loaded & just loop round the mediatrackers elements counting them off (as their status becomes LOADED (i guess))...

#3 ao   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 October 2000 - 06:39 AM

Well, I was thinking about doing that way for the first batch of graphics that I need to load. But, where my problem occurs is, I have to load ( at an unknown time ) one large image. That would mean the bar would jump from 0 to 100% instantly when its done, making it useless.

I think I will just put some silly little animation in that keeps looping itself and says "Please wait, loading graphics!" or something like that.

Thanks,
ao

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS