• Create Account

[java] JAVA games

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 littlefish44   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 October 2000 - 08:18 AM

i need help learning how to make java games. I have made simple C++ games before but have just started learning JAVA, does anyone have any input?? LittleFish44

Sponsor:

#2 bobbin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 October 2000 - 03:49 AM

The best place to start is to learn the language. Goto (eek) http://web2.java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
its not ~ games, but its all ~ java ( which is far more interesting )....

#3 Jerry Lynn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 October 2000 - 05:14 AM

The book ''Java Game Programming for Dummies'' does a decent job of introducing you to the syntax of Java in a game development context. It can be a fun way to learn the language. If you want to develop anything other than trivial Java games you will have to learn the language in more detail such as the above post suggests, but the Dummies book may be an interesting way to start.

http://games.cpbinc.com/faq/default.asp#t4

#4 Jim_Ross   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 October 2000 - 11:12 AM

I must say that if you know a little of what you''re doing but don''t know how a game differs from an email program, Java Game Programming for Dummies can point you in the right direction. It shows you the basic basics of game loops, sprites, sprite engines, 3D, and scripting.

#5 Devon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 October 2000 - 01:15 AM

hmmmmmm what can I say about java, clean, moderately straight forward language, JDK provided by sun has excellent documentation. you shouldn''t have that much trouble making a transition to java, if you worked purely with classes and object in C++, it will be almost the same.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS