• Create Account

[java] Java multiplayer resources?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 tint   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 October 2000 - 10:26 PM

Are there any good examples/articles about java multiplayer games, especially about the structure, design, and how to implement syncronisation and a lost packet alogritme? I''ve read the great article on gamasutra.com about the xwing project and the problems around this project. It was really helpfull, but it didn''t show any concrete samples. Thanks, Tint

Sponsor:

#2 bobbin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 October 2000 - 02:42 AM

You might take a look @ http://web2.java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/index.html , its not specifically geared towards gaming (althrough i think there is a MUD example) but the principles are there. What you are really trying to do is setup the fastest "Server to Multi Client" relationship you can, there are many (many) way to achieve this. My fav. is just a basic socket listen within a few threads (easy & quick), but you can do some clever things like SSL on top of that...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS