• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Monopoly simulation - coding help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 franktort   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 October 2000 - 03:14 PM

Hello: I had an idea a couple of days ago to build a monopoly simulator in c++, the idea came to me basicly to test different strategies and methods of playing. Thinking about it a little more I thought that maybe it could evolve into a very complex game, think about a program that will read a file that the user created and will play monopoly based on those "rules" or strategies ( ei. buy everything when you can afford it, only buy certain porperties or colors, don''t buy railroads, (try to ) keep 500 dollars of petty cash if more than 4 monopolies are on the board (or three opponent owned monopolies), buy parkplace ... etc...). The first goal is to create a game that plays monopoly good based on a set of static rules (but the rules will reside in one source file (Player.h). When I get that down I''ll move on to read strategies from file and maybe later a gui for the strategy rules (separate from game). Anyway, I am going to school and working so I don''t have time to implement all this as soon as I want to play it!. We''ll divide source files (.h .cpp pair) and all will contribute to common.h. I already have something going if you like to read (Player.h/.cpp Board.h/cpp and Property.h/cpp (this last one is a class but didn''t have to). Please e-mail to franktort@yahoo.com Thanks and happy coding!

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS