Mantaining maxed attributes - rpg (cont:5senses)

Started by
1 comment, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 6 months ago
cont: Using the 5 senses as attributes I''m curious to know how it would seem to affect gameplay if the character started the game with a attributes at max. They''ve got perfect smell,taste,hearing,touch and sight. Now as the character goes through the game, the game environment alters these stats temporarily and the players goal is to keeps their attributes at max while this goes on. A good example is that sight gets dampened when the player enters a dark room, as they spend more time in this room their sight starts to go back to normal because they''re adjusting to the conditions. I think this would work pretty well. Any constructive criticism that someone may wish to add? "So you're the one that designed that game are you?" *Gulp* "Umm, yeah"
Advertisement
Okay, so I''m maxed out, I enter a dark room with baddies, have to deal with that fact, then can go back to whatever it is I came to do.

It seems to me, when I move into the room, I either have to hide in the corner or take some damage. This maybe is acceptable a few times, but I wouldn''t suggest making it the backbone of play. What other responses do you see to the situation? What other decisions, or trade-offs, could I make to offset this. Could I amp up my vision in normal light, be slightly blinded for a bit, then enter the room?

A major question: How does the fiction of being this kick-butt guy with amped up cybernetics jell with the concept of continously being made weak? If you''re doing this to fit the temporary challenge, it seems a bit contrived. (no offense)

Just some thoughts.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Basically the player can use their 5 senses and get implants to assist in other area's not related to the 5 senses. But if they want to improve the options and versatility of the 5 senses with implants so they don't have the problems associated with them (darkroom example) then there will be penalities applied for doing this. The player isn't stuck at anytime with situations that will make the game linear in its choices/interactions. If the player wants to take the easy road with accomplishments (via implants) then the rewards will be less.

"So you're the one that designed that game are you?"
*Gulp* "Umm, yeah"

Edited by - Paul Cunningham on October 17, 2000 9:43:22 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement