• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Crazy mind trick

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
77 replies to this topic

#61 dvno   Members   -  Reputation: 503

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread
If do the same thing with the number 6, and ask the name of a vegetable, most people say "carrot". Most others say "cucumber".

Yeah someone did a similiar trick on me but with number 16. I think these "stupid tasks" are not to just to clear your mind. For this trick someone told me it has to do with our mind associating the numbers with words. 6 and 16 carat are standard measures of gold. Thus "most" people subconsiously associate the numbers 6 and 16 with the word "carat". And when suddenly asked a question supposedly CARAT is the first word that comes to mind, and it sounds like the vegetable CARROT, which is why the question is "Name A Vegatable". But don't quote me on this.

Sponsor:

#62 danbrown   Members   -  Reputation: 255

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:46 AM

I think my mind is broken. I said blue wrench. Not odd at first glance, but I don't remember ever actually using the word 'wrench' in my life. I use spanner instead but I was trying to think fast and it is the first tool I thought of.

Dan

#63 Lode   Members   -  Reputation: 982

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
Original post by ontheheap
You were thinking about a CARROT, weren't you!?!
Really weird, right!?!?!

No, it was a tomato

#64 RipTorn   Members   -  Reputation: 722

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:55 PM

Quote:

FAST!!! THINK OF A VEGETABLE!

turnip!!!

[sad]

ohh well.

the hammer worked [smile]
cheers for freaking me out.

#65 silencer-   Members   -  Reputation: 223

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:04 PM

Blue screwdriver as well.

Quote:

Orange. I think the color mind-trick screwed this one up for me because I recall answering carrot to this before.

Quote:
Original post by Binomine
I had Red MSVC++ 6.0

That actually made me lol.

#66 Drakkcon   Members   -  Reputation: 612

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:30 PM

Umm....I said gray sword. geez.

WTF is a spanner?

#67 cowsarenotevil   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2107

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:43 PM

Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
Say calf calf calf calf calf calf then tell me what cows drink.

*beats face*

Well, I only thought of milk for a fleeting moment...

#68 Drakkcon   Members   -  Reputation: 612

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:44 PM

you're supposed to say "silksilksilksilksilksilk WHAT DO COWS DRINK!!!!!?!?!!!". Trust me, it works better.

#69 kSquared   Members   -  Reputation: 1356

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
FAST!!! THINK OF A VEGETABLE!
Really weird, right!?!?!

Sorry. Brussel sprouts. I hate them with a passion.

Quote:
-------------------------
Taken from Ebaum's World.

So remember kids, for high-quality psychological profile testing, nothing beats ebaumsworld.com! ;)

#70 aftermath   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:47 PM

Blue drill (drill used as a verb :P)

#71 Ainokea   Members   -  Reputation: 435

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
Original post by Drakkcon
you're supposed to say "silksilksilksilksilksilk WHAT DO COWS DRINK!!!!!?!?!!!". Trust me, it works better.

Thats what it was. I got forgot what it was and the only thing I could come up with was calf.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.

#72 Zahlman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1682

Posted 12 December 2004 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
Original post by snisarenko
Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread
If do the same thing with the number 6, and ask the name of a vegetable, most people say "carrot". Most others say "cucumber".

Yeah someone did a similiar trick on me but with number 16. I think these "stupid tasks" are not to just to clear your mind. For this trick someone told me it has to do with our mind associating the numbers with words. 6 and 16 carat are standard measures of gold.

Except they aren't; 10, 14 and 18 are standard measures of gold fraction (24 carat = pure). However, the symbol you get with shift + 6 key is a "caret", for what that's worth. Also, "carrot" has six letters. But most likely, carrots just come to mind first for most people regardless, because they're a common/popular enough veggie. And I've never heard the version with number 16.

Quote:
Thus "most" people subconsiously associate the numbers 6 and 16 with the word "carat". And when suddenly asked a question supposedly CARAT is the first word that comes to mind, and it sounds like the vegetable CARROT, which is why the question is "Name A Vegatable". But don't quote me on this.

Anyway, I Like Bread's mention of the trick is not first in the thread. And for what it's worth, I get celery. (And why anyone comes up with cucumber is entirely beyond me.

#73 nes8bit   Members   -  Reputation: 275

Posted 12 December 2004 - 04:35 PM

orange knife O___O

#74 Doc   Members   -  Reputation: 586

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

Quote:
Original post by danbrown
I think my mind is broken. I said blue wrench.

OMGOMGOMG you're stealing my thoughts!

In other words, that's what I thought of, too.

#75 mattd   Members   -  Reputation: 1078

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:48 PM

Purple monkey dishwasher.

#76 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:53 PM

Orange saw.

Actually, somebody told me about this like a year ago.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

#77 JD   Members   -  Reputation: 208

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:08 PM

red hammer for me. Had a good scare. For cow I chose water and for vegetable cucumber because someone mentioned it before. White hoe, LOL!

#78 Riviera Kid   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:33 PM

the numbers are there for you to clear your mind.

red spanner

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS