• Create Account

List of free libraries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#41 V-man   Members   -  Reputation: 805

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:03 AM

This is my own library I use along side OpenGL and Direct3D.
Kind of like GLU but contains A LOT of extra functions.
I'm planning on having some things that D3DX has so it helps with GL coding. For example, quaternions were added recently. Matrix functions.
It is under LGPL license. For Win32. If you can modify to support other platforms, let me know.
PS: I'm updating it once in a while (Every few months).

[NEW : version 1.58]

glh library

This is another one of my pages. If you need GLU 1.3

GLU 1.3

[Edited by - V-man on May 7, 2008 9:03:03 AM]

Sponsor:

#42 DarkBrute   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:29 PM

I'm not sure if this one is listed, but here it is:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/realmforge
/\ LINK /RealmForge GDK: In my opinion, the BEST free all-in-one engine out there. Check it out at Devmaster.net, If you compare its features with some of those $1,000 engines, you will be amazed at how much it simply OWNS them. AI support, Networking, Built in editor, and most of all OPEN SOURCE. I reccomend it to all who are just beggining. It also has support for lots of languages (Lua, Python, Assembly[don't ask], and BASIC). Plus, it's still in the beta stage so we can expect LOTS of more features.

NOTE: Seriously, compare it with some of those high costing ones, you'll see what I'm talking about...

#43 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

0Likes

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:06 AM

Thanks all, some more amendments/additions made.

#44 coldacid   Members   -  Reputation: 751

0Likes

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:45 AM

Tao Framework - .Net libraries for Cg, DevIL, FreeGLUT, ODE, OpenAL, OpenGL, and SDL.

Axiom - A .Net port of the OGRE graphics engine.

#45 sambsp   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:23 PM

Hi all, seems there is bad link, where is the Newton Dynamic, I cannot access the site thru the link.

#46 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

0Likes

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:12 AM

It works fine for me.

#47 PnP Bios   Banned   -  Reputation: 490

0Likes

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:13 AM

Well, I don't have a lot of time to do improvments on it, or realy do much with it. But enough people are using it that I feel it deserves a spot up here.

hxRender

API Refrence

Last time I checked, it was still version 0.7b.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One

#48 lonesock   Members   -  Reputation: 799

0Likes

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:24 AM

how about ezXML? (also MIT license)

#49 Genjix   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:43 AM

for Collision routines (particularly with SDL), check out SDL_Collide!

#50 lonesock   Members   -  Reputation: 799

0Likes

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:15 AM

How about LZMA? It is the compression algorithm used by 7-zip, better than zip, and often better than bzip2. As to the license, I'll just copy and paste from the website:

Quote:

LZMA SDK is available under two licenses:

1. GNU Lesser General Public License (GNU LGPL)
2. Common Public License (CPL)

It means that you can select one of these two licenses and follow rules of that license.

SPECIAL EXCEPTION: Igor Pavlov, as the author of this code, expressly permits you to statically or dynamically link your code (or bind by name) to the files from LZMA SDK without subjecting your linked code to the terms of the CPL or GNU LGPL. Any modifications or additions to files from LZMA SDK, however, are subject to the GNU LGPL or CPL terms.

GNU LGPL and CPL are pretty similar and both these licenses are classified as free software licenses at http://www.gnu.org/ and OSI-approved at http://www.opensource.org/.

LZMA SDK also can be available under a proprietary license for those who cannot use the GNU LGPL or CPL in their code. To request such proprietary license or any additional consultations, send email message from page for support: Send message to LZMA developer

Source code of 7-Zip is released under the terms of the GNU LGPL. You can download source code of 7-Zip at 7-Zip's Source Forge Page

By the way, it also incorporates AES-256 encryption, so you have very good compression and very good encryption in one go.

#51 role   Members   -  Reputation: 187

0Likes

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:04 PM

Mine mine :)
Golden T Game Engine, a Java 2D Game Engine
The primary goal is to develop a robust game programming library that is truly easy to use and develop with.

http://www.goldenstudios.or.id/products/GTGE/

#52 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:55 AM

Golden T's been up there for ages. :P

#53 deks   Members   -  Reputation: 207

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:15 AM

You can also add Alias FBX SDK from here which is great.

=[dEkS]=

#54 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1898

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:09 AM

This one is quite good:

www.freebasic.net

It's a commandline compiler, but several people are developing IDE's for it. The forums are at

www.freebasic.tk
forum.qbasicnews.com

#55 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:39 PM

Does the FBX SDK work with any free software? I didn't recognise any on the products list. And Freebasic looks nice but it's not really the focus of the list.

#56 deks   Members   -  Reputation: 207

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
Original post by Kylotan
Does the FBX SDK work with any free software? I didn't recognise any on the products list. And Freebasic looks nice but it's not really the focus of the list.

Hmmm, no. It's a free library to read Kaydara (now Alias) own file format, FBX. FBX export is nativly supported from MAX though. Quite useful to import meshes/animations.

=[dEkS]=

#57 SnprBoB86   Members   -  Reputation: 277

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:32 AM

This may have already been suggested, but this list would probably be best implemented as a WIKI...

#58 ricas   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Here is an OpenGL gui I've created: GUIde. It's GPL licenced. Maybe you'll add it into your list.

#59 Desdemona   Members   -  Reputation: 158

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:31 PM

ZipArchive

http://www.artpol-software.com/index_zip.html

GPL

Good for creating and working with standard .zip files

#60 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

Genjix: I am trying to keep the number of SDL libraries down to the bare minimum since they have their own page for addons. Collision detection isn't very SDL-specific anyway. PS. Your pixel-perfect code won't work unless the surface uses a colour key.

Ricas: I may add GUIde when you have either some screenshots or documentation on the site. I don't want to start adding every library that is under construction. Post again when you do. :)

SnprBoB86: I would rather do this myself than have various people making inconsistent additions and alterations.

In other news, LZMA and ZipArchive got added.

PARTNERS