• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

GLEW and GLSL linker errors...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 OpenGL_Guru   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:25 AM

hi all.. i am trying to do a little GLSL while i take a break from my terrain project and i keep getting the following linker errors: i am using vc6 and i have the glew.dll in my system32 folder and the glew32mx.lib added to my link tab in setting in vc6. what am i doing wrong? i know i should go ahead and get OGL 2.0 so i wont have to use extensions anymore. hehe.
--------------------Configuration: glutglsl - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewUseProgramObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewLinkProgramARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewAttachObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewCreateProgramObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewCompileShaderARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewShaderSourceARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewCreateShaderObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____GLEW_ARB_fragment_program
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____GLEW_ARB_vertex_program
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glewInit
Debug/glutglsl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

glutglsl.exe - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Sponsor:

#2 Slug   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:17 AM

This is a linker error, they must be some library you forgot to include with your project.

#3 OpenGL_Guru   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:50 AM

this was the library that came with glew...

glew32mx.lib

thats the only one that i have...

#4 gulgi   Members   -  Reputation: 273

0Likes

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
Original post by OpenGL_Guru
this was the library that came with glew...

glew32mx.lib

thats the only one that i have...
Mine is called glew32.lib. Are you sure you have the latest version..? (I am using vc7.1.. but it should work with version 6 as well)

#5 OpenGL_Guru   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:19 AM

yes i am using the latest version yes.. what was the link where you got yours? maybe as a last resort you could send me glew32.lib. when i ran the build that came with the zip it created a glew32mx.dll which is where i get the glew32mx.dll from.

#6 BlackBox   Members   -  Reputation: 150

0Likes

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:39 AM

Quote:
Original post by OpenGL_Guru
yes i am using the latest version yes.. what was the link where you got yours? maybe as a last resort you could send me glew32.lib. when i ran the build that came with the zip it created a glew32mx.dll which is where i get the glew32mx.dll from.

http://glew.sourceforge.net/

Just follow the instructions inside the zip file.

#7 OpenGL_Guru   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:18 AM

well thanks for that site.. that is where i went before but now they have in red lettering about the latest zip file download that there were some errors in it. i suspect i may have just gotten unlucky and gotten this.. anyway i got it right this time.. thanks all for help anyway...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS