The Shadogard Project

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 2 months ago
Rise to become a great hero... Seed destruction and become the villain... Hold true to leadership and become a mighty King... Or become a tyrant spreading your tyranny! Concept: A virtual online world which features many paths of discovery for various players who instead of being more of an audience, like most MMOPRGs, they become the actors. The players create the history of the game's world, they play the roles of the hero or the evil villain; the great King or the ruthless Emperor. Features: - Non-experience/skill usage character advancement system. There is no grind. - Built on risks versus rewards; very high risks equal very high rewards. - Intricate new guild system. - Kingdoms. - Land Ownership. - New and unique combat system never seen before! - Other various normal elements from other MMORPGs; crafting, combat, etc. - New PvP System with No PvP switch but its TOTALLY anti-griefer; note: High Risks and High Rewards. Current Technologies Being Used: - Truevision3D Engine(www.truevision3d.com): based on COM. - VB 6.0 with various inhous developed components. - Various third-party tools. So what exactly is The Shadogard™ Project? Its the breaking of the norm that the current MMORPGs are. Its a CHALLENGE to the industry of MMORPG developers to stop giving us crap that is WoW or Everquest or Asheron's Call. Is it actually going to be a game? Maybe. You never know what will or will not happen in anything. "What are the goals?" should be the question. So what are the goals? To build a Virtual Online Fantasy World in which many players can explore, develop, and build their own society within; where they build their own histories, compete against each other in epic struggles of good versus evil, band together to avert disasters or simply to get away from the hassles of real life. Do you have a investor/publisher? Do you want an investor/publisher? No. And that depends. This is a promise that I'll begin here and continue to make to everyone; the core design and claimed features will never get canned due to any investor/publisher reasons; only technical. The second promise that I'll make is COMPLETE honesty to the community. What this means is at the core of the entire MMORPG is the roleplaying aspects; The players are the ACTORS not the AUDIENCE. They build the storyline, they build the stories, they create the society and they decide the fate of the game world. This will never change or the game don't get made. Questions? AOL: AlanOfArchnoble MSN/E-mail: dethnoble@hotmail.com
Advertisement
Sounds like quite an undertaking. Good luck with your project.

Quote:So what exactly is The Shadogard™ Project?

You can't legally claim ownership rights to a trademark on something until you register that trademark. If you're going to be throwing around "The Shadogard™" a lot, I'd get it registered with the government. Otherwise, someone can claim they thought of it first, and you'll have to go to court.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Explore a little deeper on TM and C. You might be surprised on many things you never new. Nice try though.
Oh just in case you don't find it this is strait from the website you provided:

When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®?

Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO. However, you may use the federal registration symbol "®" only after the USPTO actually registers a mark, and not while an application is pending. Also, you may use the registration symbol with the mark only on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the federal trademark registration.
hi,
i read this series of posting with some interest,
anyway, for my game, i plan to do it from the bottomup approach.
mine is a webbased rpg game cause i wana focus on the story, char, scene,
game logic, ai logic, location detection etc, then upgrade to an 3d engine.
i am currently doing it with php/mysql, got some scene artwork done as well
using 3d software(forewarn 3d model not as good as your, hehe). just click the
artwork or game url on the leftframe and c for your self.
i am currently looking for story writer, graphic artist, 3d animator and
even game programmer that can share their ideas and cordinate our work, take a
look at many site and we will c where we can help each other out.
my site is at http://mnqstudio.thecirculation.com and email
mnqstudio@yahoo.com.sg(just incase u miss it on the leftframe bottom section)
Quote:Original post by Warr
Rise to become a great hero...
Seed destruction and become the villain...
Hold true to leadership and become a mighty King...
Or become a tyrant spreading your tyranny!

Concept: A virtual online world which features many paths of discovery for various players who instead of being more of an audience, like most MMOPRGs, they become the actors. The players create the history of the game's world, they play the roles of the hero or the evil villain; the great King or the ruthless Emperor.

Features:
- Non-experience/skill usage character advancement system. There is no grind.
- Built on risks versus rewards; very high risks equal very high rewards.
- Intricate new guild system.
- Kingdoms.
- Land Ownership.
- New and unique combat system never seen before!
- Other various normal elements from other MMORPGs; crafting, combat, etc.
- New PvP System with No PvP switch but its TOTALLY anti-griefer; note: High Risks and High Rewards.

Current Technologies Being Used:
- Truevision3D Engine(www.truevision3d.com): based on COM.
- VB 6.0 with various inhous developed components.
- Various third-party tools.

So what exactly is The Shadogard™ Project?
Its the breaking of the norm that the current MMORPGs are. Its a CHALLENGE to the industry of MMORPG developers to stop giving us crap that is WoW or Everquest or Asheron's Call.

Is it actually going to be a game?
Maybe. You never know what will or will not happen in anything. "What are the goals?" should be the question.

So what are the goals?
To build a Virtual Online Fantasy World in which many players can explore, develop, and build their own society within; where they build their own histories, compete against each other in epic struggles of good versus evil, band together to avert disasters or simply to get away from the hassles of real life.

Do you have a investor/publisher? Do you want an investor/publisher?
No. And that depends. This is a promise that I'll begin here and continue to make to everyone; the core design and claimed features will never get canned due to any investor/publisher reasons; only technical. The second promise that I'll make is COMPLETE honesty to the community.

What this means is at the core of the entire MMORPG is the roleplaying aspects; The players are the ACTORS not the AUDIENCE. They build the storyline, they build the stories, they create the society and they decide the fate of the game world. This will never change or the game don't get made.

Questions?
AOL: AlanOfArchnoble
MSN/E-mail: dethnoble@hotmail.com

What server middleware are you using.

Implementing MMORPGs with many players requires a fairly complicated
server cluster design/implimentation.

If you havent considered/fully designed/tested this aspect, you had better before going any further.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement