Post-apocalyp/Cyberpunk MMO - core team recruiting more teammates (media/info inside)

Started by
53 comments, last by Vanquish 18 years, 7 months ago
Greetings! The team of CONFLICT:Omega would like to invite mappers, texture artists, modellers and writers with talent to join us in production of a truly innovative post-apocalyptic / cyberpunk MMORPG using the Torque engine. Currently we're up to 11 modellers, the band Abney Park contributing music, 3 mappers, 5 coders, 1 Concept Artist, and 4 writers. With fresh talent and the Torque engine we can truly make something amazing! Image hosted by random hackers Image hosted by random hackers Ive spent over 3 years developing this and have a 75 page game design document covering every aspect of the game. Of course input is always welcomed. Gameplay overview: (this is a vast vast overview meant to save space) (Imagine Fallout, Deus Ex, and ShadowBane had a love-child) Players choose from 3 races: mutant, cyborg, or pure human. Mutants can change their abilities with mutations, Cyborgs with BioMods, Humans use equipment. Players choose from 2 factions: Outlanders (wasteland pa) or Corporates (techno cyberpunk) Character will be fully 3d with inventory, traits, and abilities. We are shooting for the high-end of low-poly characters for optimal bandwidth during large firefights. PvP: Place your city, add buildings and fortify them. Take over your enemies cities until you own the wasteland! Guild leaders will have tools to command guild members to specific objectives (ala Savage or Alien Swarm) which, if followed, give members merit points. Choose from multiple skills which progress through use, not xp grinding. At various percentage levels, feats upen up. (e.g. 35% small arms skill you can choose between akimbo pistols or improved grip - allowing better character customization and roleplaying) PvE: Strange mutant and cyborg enclaves. Corporate-controlled cyberpunk cities. Mystery, puzzle, and stealth quests, as well as whats come to be expected as the best of breed. RTS: Advance your guild up a tech-tree while you fight for resources scattered across a harsh wasteland. Also included: > Vehicles with moddable parts > Modifiable guns > Melee fighting styles > Hacking simulation (like BS Hacker, DarkSigns, Uplink) > Virus and Drug crafting > Guild tools for leaders to direct individual players in battle Since the template sticky gently requests that we explain about free vs for pay, let me merely say that all work is on a volunteer basis as of yet. It should be noted however, that I am working with a noted fundraiser, who will be soliciting investors based on our progress. I myself, am a former lawyer, stockbroker and forecast analyst with experience managing people. There is so much more to the game that I cant list it all here. We are in need of mappers and modelers, texture aretists and animatorswho would love to be a part of what is shaping up to be an incredible project. Feel free to contact me through PM or mail me here. Thank you. Alfred CONFLICT:Omega EDIT: Some people are thinking this is a top-down RTS...its not. 3d MMO with RTS features. [Edited by - Vanquish on August 6, 2005 6:26:17 PM]
Alfred Norris, VoodooFusion StudiosTeam Lead - CONFLICT: Omega A Post-Apocalyptic MMO ProjectJoin our team! Positions still available.CONFLICT:Omega
Advertisement
Hmm.. i gotta admit, a game thats like fallout with radiation/drug addiction mixed with cyberpunk and multiplayer fun is intriguing. ;D

You didn't really say anywhere as to what the games going to be visually like though, such as 3rd person, or 1st person. So by things like:
Quote:PvP:
Place your city, add buildings and fortify them. Take over your enemies cities until you own the wasteland!

Seems to suggest more RTS, or 3rd person overhead view & gamestyle.
Its going to be first person, semi-realistic 3d (with a dark gothic art style).

Its not isometric or RTS style, think more visually like EQ2 or AO. Hell Wasteland, Planetside, Fallout and ShadowRun are inspirations as well.

Its been a labor of love and we would definitely appreciate some help.

Any modelers, writers, coders, mappers or artists interested?

- Vanquish

[Edited by - Vanquish on April 25, 2005 2:29:36 PM]
Alfred Norris, VoodooFusion StudiosTeam Lead - CONFLICT: Omega A Post-Apocalyptic MMO ProjectJoin our team! Positions still available.CONFLICT:Omega
Wow, i likde the Fallout games, my friend showd them to me and i been playin em ever since. Theres not a lot of games out there that have like Road Warrior Mad Max typea stuff, and this looked cool, so i went to this guys's website.

This game is for what? X-bOX? its awsome, i loved brotherhood of steel, and this has some good graphics, and those cars look sweet, is there gonna be lots of levels?

This game looks awsome man, but i want to see MORE!! lol
If I wasn't up to my ears with projects I'd definitly join!

Big help huh? :P But good luck to ya!
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Quote:has decided to make another attempt at continuing our FPS MMO project...hopefully with your help.

Doh! I'm blind, it says FPS right there. Xp

The Realm Crafter Software sounds like it has alot of potential, i'd love to help you with your project, but i don't really have all that much experience(yet) in modelling considering the detail your going for, not to mention i'm involved in some other projects ATM.

You've got your hands on a great game though, its only a matter of time before you find some interested people. ;D
Hi..
I am very interested in joining your project,
I am a game/level designer/artist with exp working in the games industry as well as working on a high profile mod's
my portfolio of work can be found at www.crysak.com
Hope to hear from you soon
Designer - Climax
Great website Cry. I'll definitely be in touch to see if there's a fit.
We can definitely use more mappers. The more the better.

Glad you like the concept. Ill be in touch.
We've gotten some great responses:

2 new modelers
1 musician
1 additional concept artist.

We still need help with textures, mapping and coding.

Thanks in advance!

Ok guys, we are still in need of:

>Texture artists
>Writers
>Modelers
>Driven, creative people

The team has grown and we would love to include you in our success.
We're highly organized working off definite work schedules and due dates, but we understand that life happens and can accommodate someone whose talent is worth our loyalty.

We have a TS channel, IRC chat room, and Dev Boards to facilitate production as well as hanging out with each other.

Come join us! Click here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement