Poser question

Started by
2 comments, last by BigCarlito 23 years, 5 months ago
Hey everyone, I downloaded the Poser demo, but couldn''t find the answer to my question. Does anyone use Poser for their games? If so, what exactly do you use it for? Can you decrease the polygon count in the models? Can you export the animations? Thanks a lot! Zeus Interactive
Advertisement
I actually haven''t used Poser, however if you asking whether anyone uses poser industry side, the answer would be no. You could always have side uses (test posing a character etc) but it generates hi poly models which aren''t useful for games AFAIK.

PolyChop is a plugin for MAX which does decrease polycounts...
Don''t know about animations

Hope this helps!

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
Actually, I know of at least one case where Poser models were rendered into 2d sprites for an isometric style game. But again, if you try to use those models in 3d in real-time, you''ve got a lot of pain coming your way.
They do have low poly models in Poser. Don''t know how good they are for 3D games. You can increase or decrease the polygon count, but you have to do it manually (i.e. export the model and put it into 3D modeling program and change the number of polygons and then export the model back in and set up the hierarchy... they have a default hierarchy you can use if it''s a humanoid character I believe). Essentially you''re making your own model based on theirs. And you can export animations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement