• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

[java] music in java

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 tjbrosna   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 November 2000 - 11:29 PM

Is is possible to stream in music(mp3) in java for an applet game, if so how, and do I need to use some sort of player such as real audio?? Thanks for your help, T.J

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 20 November 2000 - 11:53 PM

Yes, it is. I''ve seen a java appllet which streams play a mp3 sound file and does a lot of cool stuff.....

Ciao,
shake66@net-con.net

#3 snowmoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 November 2000 - 12:43 AM

Any kind of music in java applets is based on com.sun.audio (.au and .wav files ) or JMF ( java2 and plug-in ). Streaming .mp3 would be very costly in terms of processing, and read audio would be out of the question ( there are no codec''s for it ). You could imbed the sound into the web page where the applet lives and alter it''s state with java-script calls ( http://www.javaonthebrain.com for example ).

I will be working on a generic audio library for java games soon. I''ve just been busy profiling video routines.

Good luck.

#4 loserkid   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 November 2000 - 08:29 AM

I found an article on Java World that shows you how to play MP3 files in Java.

JP.

==============================================
I feel like a kid in some kind of store...
==============================================
www.thejpsystem.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS