Please review my first tutorial

Started by
6 comments, last by Stan100 18 years, 10 months ago
I wrote a beginner's tutorial for making a blank window in C++ using the win32 API. I know there are hundreds (if not thousands) of these types of tutorials, I just ask that you read it and give me your opinions. Like I mentioned, It really just gives a beginner something to refer to, it might not go over everything, it isn't a huge tutorial. I humbly submit... My Tutorial It's the only link on the page. I'm not the best at HTML either, so there isn't anything fancy, so try not to flame me for the format :). But if you do really hate how my site looks, I guess its best I find out. I have also come to understand that I should probably make an HTML version, so I'll put a version in that form up as well. Should it be plain .html or does anybody mind .mht files? Please give me any thoughts, opinions, ideas! Criticism of all kinds are welcome.
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
Advertisement
I definitely like it. It's clear, concise and has some actual explanations -- which a lot of Win32 tutorials seem to lack. Aside from that it's nicely done and looks thorough, I'm not sure what else to say, hehe.

Do you intend on carrying this on into a set of Win32 tutorials? If so, keep 'em coming!
---Curses, malidictions and lacerations! There goes my brand new pair of sneakers -- again!
Quote:Original post by Caced
I definitely like it. It's clear, concise and has some actual explanations -- which a lot of Win32 tutorials seem to lack. Aside from that it's nicely done and looks thorough, I'm not sure what else to say, hehe.

Do you intend on carrying this on into a set of Win32 tutorials? If so, keep 'em coming!

Hey thanks alot for the great feedback! I do intend to continue working on various tutorials, I hope to make them on many different subjects. Right now I'm deciding between writing a socket/networking tutorial, or writing an e-book database program that will keep track of my books etc. Should I opt for the 2nd choice I'm going to document the entire thing and teach what I can that is useful!

Thanks Again!
Stan
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
^bump^
Link to the PDF isn't working for me.

Possibly because the link is linking to http://www.stan100....etc instead of http://stan100...etc (like the main page)
Very Nice!

The only problem I had is that the links in the PDF to "Good Place to go" are not clickable or at least I couldn't figure it out.
Cute!

I like your writing style that should help a lot of newbs, or at least give them a chuckle while failing ;)
HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
Hey thanks a lot everybody. Right now I am editing the site and tutorial a little bit. I've been told on firefox that the page comes up with black text. Also I will fix the linking to the pdf file, and the linking inside the pdf.

I am going to now add some updates inside, like better code and, well, I'll update when I actually finish :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement