• Create Account

Superheros with normal clothing.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

#1 Zorak   Members   -  Reputation: 304

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

I want to make a small game with a superhero. But when I started thinking about it, I could not come up with a single superhero that do not wear tights. Are there any superheros without tights? Pictures please :p.

Sponsor:

#2 Trapper Zoid   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1370

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:26 AM

The Hulk? He only wears shorts (which for some reason doesn't burst off him like the rest of his clothes).

It depends a bit on what you mean by "superhero". There's a lot of characters in other domains, such as anime or mythology, who have some of the same properties.

Oh yes, you asked for pictures [grin]:

Picture from Wikipedia of The Incredible Hulk

#3 Zorak   Members   -  Reputation: 304

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
Original post by Trapper Zoid
The Hulk? He only wears shorts (which for some reason doesn't burst off him like the rest of his clothes).

He is quite different from other superheros though. ;)

Quote:

It depends a bit on what you mean by "superhero". There's a lot of characters in other domains, such as anime or mythology, who have some of the same properties.

I mean the ordinary everyday comicsuperheros. I hate anime. And mythology is ofcourse a great place to get heros from, but not exactly what I was thinking.

But I mean come on, Batman, Robin, Invisible woman, spiderman, catwoman etc. They all look like they are on their way to do the latest The Swan.

I think maybe I should go for the bad guys instead, that do have proper clothing.

The Joker - Pimp.

#4 Terlenth   Members   -  Reputation: 300

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:34 AM

Hehe, list time [grin]:

The Punisher
Blade
Iron Man
Thing (Ben Grimm)
The Crow
Gambit
Professor Xavier
Beast
Jubliee

More to come...

--Ter'Lenth

[Edited by - Terlenth on August 8, 2005 8:34:45 AM]

#5 capn_midnight   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1375

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

Voodoo Man wore a suit.
[See some of My Projects] - [Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github]

#6 vNistelrooy   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:29 AM

Neo
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

#7 kryat   Members   -  Reputation: 685

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:02 AM

Dr. Ong from Doug TenNapel's Creature Tech
Hellboy to some extent.
Rocketeer.
Any character from Sin City
Scud: The disposable assassian

#8 Max_Payne   Banned   -  Reputation: 757

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:15 AM

In Batman Begins, Batman wore a bulletproof armor that covered his legs too.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com

#9 BerwynIrish   Members   -  Reputation: 337

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:17 AM

Street Angel

#10 capn_midnight   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1375

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

Danger Girl
[See some of My Projects] - [Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github]

#11 Shai   Members   -  Reputation: 540

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

Rorschach

#12 Boris Karloff   Members   -  Reputation: 484

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:06 AM

There are no tights in this picture of Darkman:

[ No opaque clothing, either. Bzzt. --Sneftel ]

Oh alright, that's just the first thing that caught my eye when I googled for Darkman. Here:

Also, The Shadow didn't wear any. It's invisible in this picture (as is he most of the time when fighting crime), but I assure you, no tights.

Edit: It only struck me just now, as I see these pictures above each other, how similar Darkman and the Shadow are dressed. Weird.

#13 Diodor   Members   -  Reputation: 517

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:14 AM

Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls.

#14 Sneftel   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 1776

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:16 AM

The Shadow and Darkman did have heavy similarities; both seemed to derive their power primarily from being pissed off at and/or contemptuous of evildoers. The key, I think, is their physicality; they weren't superheros to somersault over villains' heads. They'd dodge just fine, and perhaps even leap over railings, but there were no gymnastics going on. I think the same could be said about most non-tights superheros. (Except Professor Xavier; I hear he could do a wicked uneven bars routine. Couldn't stick the landing, though.)

#15 Terlenth   Members   -  Reputation: 300

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:30 AM

Quote:
Original post by Sneftel
The Shadow and Darkman did have heavy similarities; both seemed to derive their power primarily from being pissed off at and/or contemptuous of evildoers. The key, I think, is their physicality; they weren't superheros to somersault over villains' heads. They'd dodge just fine, and perhaps even leap over railings, but there were no gymnastics going on. I think the same could be said about most non-tights superheros. (Except Professor Xavier; I hear he could do a wicked uneven bars routine. Couldn't stick the landing, though.)

I'd have to agree for the most part. Though I think there are a couple of sequences with Blade where he goes all out on certain people. I'd have to say that the Superheroes that are more in plain clothes are easier to identify with than the ones in tights.
--Ter'Lenth

#16 BerwynIrish   Members   -  Reputation: 337

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:02 AM

So a costume or distinctive wear of sorts is acceptable, as long as they aren't tights? Well then, there's Tom Strong, Doc Savage, Jenny Sparks, Mage, Luke Cage, Crazy Jane, and the cast of Marvel's Runaways. And while his super-hero roots were cast aside, the Milligan/Bachalo Shade was the snazziest dressed non-costumed guy DC ever had.

#17 Benjamin Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 925

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

I don't wear tights.

#18 fisheyel83l   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
Original post by Benjamin Heath
I don't wear tights.

#19 Benjamin Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 925

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

Okay, I like to draw, and drawing these characters has always been fun for me. Honestly, though, when you must create your own character, I think it's better to favor function over fashion. I can't always think of a costume that just looks cool, so I wind up giving the character something that he would actually need in the world in which he lives.

Granted, this comes from my personality, and I tend to favor simplicity and functionality. It's only afterward that I arrange things so that they're aesthetically pleasing to me.

#20 furby100   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:42 AM

How do you know that the Shadow isn't wearing tights under his trousers?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS