3d Programs

Started by
2 comments, last by Run_The_Shadows 23 years, 4 months ago
I''m just wondering if there are any 3d Modelling Programs out there for the Crapintosh.
Advertisement
Hash, Inc''s Animation Master is cross-platform spline-based 3D modelling & animation proggie, for $300. I don''t know about the other ''high-end'' programs, though I''d bet at least some of them are Mac''able. But I''ve yet to hear about anything in the high-end programs that could possibly justify the prices they charge for them, at least for an individual hobbyist/student-type person. And I''ve never seen any student-produced work in Maya or Lightwave that''s noticably different from what you can do in Hash.
LightWave works fine on macs, so I hear.

~There''s always comfort in anonymity~
~There's always comfort in anonymity~
Lightwave and Cinema 4d are probably the best 3d programs on the Mac right now, with Maya coming to OS X soon. Hash is great too but not very compatible with other 3d software. It''s by far the best low cost 3d software on the market. And Moth, it''s not that you can''t get the same end result with Hash, it''s just that software like Maya make it easier and faster to do, especially for large teams. Lightwave has fewer advantages over Hash and in many ways Hash is better, but Lightwave''s modeler alone is worth the price IMO.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement