• Create Account

[java] Is there a free jave ide?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

#21 minerjr   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 January 2001 - 08:56 AM

I am in the process of creating a free java IDE. It''s called JIDE. It will be a small download and completly free. I am trying to learn Java, I already know java-script, C++, Visual Basic, etc. It is writen in VB. It will work in Windows. It features Builtin web browser to view applets, a text editor, automatic compiling of code. Also i am going to try to add code lookup like VB when you press "." after a property. I will respond agian on this message board when i am ready to release it. Thx for any responses.

Minerjr

Sponsor:

#22 wrenhal   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 January 2001 - 10:35 AM

quote:
Original post by minerjr

I am in the process of creating a free java IDE. It''s called JIDE. It will be a small download and completly free. I am trying to learn Java, I already know java-script, C++, Visual Basic, etc. It is writen in VB. It will work in Windows. It features Builtin web browser to view applets, a text editor, automatic compiling of code. Also i am going to try to add code lookup like VB when you press "." after a property. I will respond agian on this message board when i am ready to release it. Thx for any responses.

Minerjr

Need any help? I''m also trying to learn Java and I know a bit of VB. I might be able to help a little.
Mail me at:
wrenhal@juno.com

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!

#23 softland_gh   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 January 2001 - 10:38 AM

Is there any other site other than borland''s ftp server from which I can download J Builder''s documentation. There server doesn''t seem to support resume after disconnection, and the connection always fails after downloading about 10 MBs from the file.

#24 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 06 January 2001 - 06:48 AM

I know this is late but ...

Try IBM''s Visual Age for Java (although it''s from IBM it is free)!

http://www.ibm.com/developer/java

As a general java resource, I like the IBM DeveloperWorks site.

#25 buh   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 January 2001 - 04:33 PM

I have to say that Forte sure does fly with 196 megs of RAM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS