How does 'The Sims' play?

Started by
2 comments, last by Kinfira 23 years, 4 months ago
I was wondering if anyone here played ''The Sims''? I have this concept for a game in mind and I wanted to know how ''The Sims'' was played so I could see what worked for them and what did not work. I have been looking for a demo of it on the net for days now. I figured I ask here as I could not find one. My main questions are what do you do? I understand about how you get to create an environment and some characteristics per person, but what else can you do? Do you simply create a house and some people then sit back and watch? Thanks for any help. Regards, Kinfira Lead Programmer KinfiraSoft Makers of Swordplay, a 3D fighting game engine. Check out our home on the web: http://kinfirasoft.8m.com
Regards, KinfiraLead ProgrammerKinfiraSoftMakers of Swordplay, a 3D fighting game engine.Check out our home on the web:http://www.kinfirasoft.com
Advertisement
First you build a family. Select who will be in it.
Then you build a house, pretty much like in other Sim-games.

Then the game starts and your family moves in the new house.
They move around and look at the new places just like normal people would do. Then they go eating, to toilet (all the time), play piano, look at paintings on walls, go sleeping. But they don''t do those things unless you tell them to do it.

Player must control the Sims because they are so stupid. They usually can''t do anything good if you don''t control them. For example: you can select a person and click on a toilet and then (s)he goes there. You click a phone and you can order a pizza. You click bed and (s)he goes sleeping.

You can see the amount of "hungry", "happiness" and other meters for your Sims all the time. And of course you must keep all those meters to the maximum.

Your Sims can also make friends with other Sims in the world. Basically if two Sims meet, they either don''t like or do like each other. But the player can affect thing by telling his Sim to call the friends to come over.

And yeah you must get a job too, otherwise you''ll run out of money pretty soon. But when your Sim goes to work you can''t see where (s)he goes. You just earn money from it.

The Sims have lots of annoying problems. They can''t go to toilet so they pee on the floor. They throw all the dishes on the floor unless you tell them to wash them. The game gets really annoying after the first few hours.

I had 3 fires in two days and 3 of my 5 Sims died in those fires. In two days. Damn it. I don''t recommend Sims.
Man, you just were bad at that game, that''s all. It is really fun to design your sims with different personalities and see how they react to each other. One time, I put a big screen tv in the bathroom and everyone came over and had a party in the bathroom. But when someone needed to pee, he tried to kick everyone out, but they were too into the tv. It is a pretty good game, but it lacks variety. Eventually the game gets old because there isnt really anything else to try. I still play it every once in a while though.
I agree w/ Saluk. It''s a really awesome game, but after you''re top job and your house is the coolest ever built and your family has ad all the kids they''re ever going to have, it gets really dull. Then it''s like a FPS where you just randomly wander around killing easy enemies until you get bored (no levels, etc.)

-Domenic-
Geek^n
-Domenic-Geek^n

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement