Co-op RPG on PC

Started by
15 comments, last by GarlandIX 18 years, 5 months ago
Hi, my friends have finally tired of World of Warcraft and are looking to play a new RPG. We want to play a co-op game, and no more MMO's for us, or at least nothing with a monthly fee. Yesterday we went to the store and browsed the shelves but found very few co-op, non-MMO RPGs around. We considered Dungeon Siege 2, but it was voted down. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Sorry this is not for PC, but the new Gauntlet would be neat if you had PS2 or Xbox. I hated the fact they ditched the PC version, was looking forward to playing co-op mode on it with friends. Damn bastards!!!
Gotta say, DS2 was pretty fun multiplayer. More of a dungeon romp then an RPG, but still a lot of fun for a weekend.

What about Neverwinter Nights? And didn't Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale support multiplayer?
cloakwww.theblackroom.ca
You could try Guild Wars. It is an MMO game in a sense, but just think of every area outside of a town like an instance. No monthly fee. No strings attached.
EDIT: I also second Neverwinter Nights and Baulder's Gate. Super very awesomly fun. You also get the added ability to create things in at least NWN. You can create an arena-like thing then pit your best characters together with a bunch of enemies with only +2 greatswords. Fun.
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.
Quote:Original post by supercoder74
You can create an arena-like thing then pit your best characters together with a bunch of enemies with only +2 greatswords. Fun.

And the lvl40 sorcerer(/RDD) will own everybody.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Quote:Original post by vNistelrooy
Quote:Original post by supercoder74
You can create an arena-like thing then pit your best characters together with a bunch of enemies with only +2 greatswords. Fun.

And the lvl40 sorcerer(/RDD) will own everybody.

Who said highly unbalanced arenas with haxx0rz arent fun?
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.
If you or a friend is a good storyteller with some technical savvy, go with NWN and you won't be disappointed.

Otherwise, if you don't mind dated graphics, the Baldur's Gate trilogy is excellent (and you don't need to make up your own story).
Quote:Original post by Scint
Hi, my friends have finally tired of World of Warcraft

BLASPHEMY!

Why have you all tired of it? Are you regularly clearing BWL? How far in the game have you actually got?

There's so much to see and do in WoW - the journey never ends!

Who else loves WoW? - it's awesome. It was my first MMORPG and it willalso be my last as I am certain nothing can better it.

If it's jsut the monthly fee (which I think it probably is ) just put it in perspective and you realise it is an insignificant amount when you divide it into $/day
Put another vote for Neverwinter Nights.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Quote:Original post by kbab69
Quote:Original post by Scint
Hi, my friends have finally tired of World of Warcraft

BLASPHEMY!

Why have you all tired of it? Are you regularly clearing BWL? How far in the game have you actually got?

There's so much to see and do in WoW - the journey never ends!

It gets boring after about level 25, IMO. I drudged on to level 48 since I had a friend doing the same, after which point more than half of my time was spent "LFG." Yes, I probably "played it wrong." (If you have a guild of high-level people who you know I can see the appeal, but I didn't).

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread anymore so I'll shut up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement