• Create Account

Nice Game of Name that Warning Message!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gor435   Members   -  Reputation: 422

0Likes

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:27 PM

Ok I have been working away at my tile engine for a few days now and still not being the game programming guru I would like to be. I am still to this point not 100% sure that they way I have it structured is going to work they way I expect. Anyways I seem to keep getting this warning message in Dev C++: 1 C:\Dev-Cpp\Tile Engine\BaseTile.cpp [Warning] `nul.gcda' is not a gcov data file Funny thing is I don't seem to get just one. I get one for each .cpp file in my project it doesn't stop me from syntax checking and I know it will not stop me from compiling when the time is right but can anyone tell me what it means?

Sponsor:

#2 deavik   Members   -  Reputation: 570

0Likes

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:31 AM

It seems that it's a warning thrown by gcc. Here's GCC source thrown up by Google: link.

Scroll down a bit and you will see where it throws that warning. I don't really have time now to go into the depths of what exactly causes that warning (neither I presume do you), so I suggest reinstalling gcc or mingw. [smile]

/edit: but the function and macro names cheer you up if you look through them awhile: GCOV_DATA_MAGIC, gcov_magic (...). You have to write magical code for it to pass gcc's standards! [lol]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS