• Create Account

custom icon for batch file

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kommi10   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:58 AM

I am a java programmer who wrote a batch file to launch my java application. My question is the following... how can I make a batch file that utilizes an icon that I created. is that possible? How is this done then? How is an exe file assosiated with an icon?

Sponsor:

#2 Illco   Members   -  Reputation: 928

0Likes

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:06 AM

You cannot change the icon of an individual batch file, as far as I know. It would require changing the icon of batch files in general, which is probably not what you want. You can however create a shortcut to the batch file and change the icon of the shortcut as you please; that would at least give a more professional look to the application. The icon should then be stored as a separate .ico or .bmp file. Windows .exe files have their icons usually embedded into the executable as a resource, which is why you can browse exes and dlls for icons.

Illco

#3 Kommi10   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:59 AM

Thanks, that should do the trick

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS