• Create Account

Microsoft DirectX SDK Updated (Feb 2006)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
66 replies to this topic

#1 Mykre   Members   -  Reputation: 405

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

The Microsoft DirectX SDK (Feb 2006) release have been made available on the Microsoft Downloads Site. DirectX SDK - (February 2006) DirectX SDK (February 2006) Symbol Files DirectX End-User Runtimes (February 2006) Full Download DirectX End-User Runtime (February 2006) Web Installer (Validation Required) We are still waiting for the SDK to be released but this should be coming really soon. [Edited by - Mykre on February 8, 2006 8:18:32 PM]
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.

Sponsor:

#2 circlesoft   Members   -  Reputation: 1174

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
Original post by Mykre
We are still waiting for the SDK to be released but this should be coming really soon.

Great! I'd figure it'd be up by tommorow, or very soon after.

Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

#3 jollyjeffers   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1538

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

Odd the way that parts of it appeared before others [smile]

Quote:
I'd figure it'd be up by tommorow, or very soon after.
I concur!

Jack
<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

#4 Armadon   Members   -  Reputation: 1086

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

Awesome!

#5 Mykre   Members   -  Reputation: 405

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

The SDK has now been updated on the Microsoft Downloads Site... I have updated the original Post
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.

#6 Armadon   Members   -  Reputation: 1086

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

Awesome stuff, thanks for keeping us update Mykre

#7 rfterdarc   Members   -  Reputation: 139

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

is there a changelog on msdn for feb2006?
or can someone post it up if they've downloaded the sdk :)

#8 jollyjeffers   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1538

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

Again, someone's beaten the official announcement [lol]

Quote:
Original post by rfterdarc

From what I can see, the Developer Center hasn't been updated yet, so it could be a few hours before the updates appear..

Jack
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

#9 Promit   Moderators   -  Reputation: 6317

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Damn, do you people refresh the MSDN page like it was the GDNet Lounge? Somebody always knows the instant the SDK appears.

#10 jollyjeffers   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1538

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

Quote:
Original post by Promit
Damn, do you people refresh the MSDN page like it was the GDNet Lounge? Somebody always knows the instant the SDK appears.

I think it's due to RSS broadcasts or something similar. You can sign up for notifications from MS downloads I think.

I remember one of the Visual Studio team "thanking" RSS for killing MSDN downloads the day VStudio2005 was released [lol]

Jack

#11 LetsKillDave   Members   -  Reputation: 496

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
Again, someone's beaten the official announcement [lol]

Quote:
Original post by rfterdarc

From what I can see, the Developer Center hasn't been updated yet, so it could be a few hours before the updates appear..

Jack

I can confirm it's "official". There will be an update on the Developer Center this morning. The problem, if you want to call it that, is that the SDK (and other DX downloads) pop up on the RSS feed for recent downloads (feed link below).

The DirectX Developer center, which is my baby, requires a bit more human interaction. I get notified just like you guys once the link goes live (no kidding!). Then I post the additional "What's New" and readme stuff and get it propped to our MSDN people, who review the information to make sure I don't post some terrible political rant or naughty pictures, then it all goes live on MSDN. The update to the DirectX Developer center should be live in about 4-5 hours from now.

And now you know the REST of the story :-)

MSDN Latest downloads link

EDIT: Made the 'latest downloads' a clickable link, it's huge URL broke the page formatting!
David "LetsKillDave" WellerNVIDIA Developer Programs ManagerPersonal blog http://letskilldave.comPersonal Twitterfeed: letskilldaveNVIDIA Developer Announcements Twitterfeed: nvidiadeveloper (clever name, eh? :-)

#12 idloco   Members   -  Reputation: 156

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

The link or rss feed didn't work for me :(,
I tested in opera, netscape 8 and IE..
------------------------------------ IDLoco Game Studios

#13 jollyjeffers   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1538

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:34 AM

Quote:
Original post by idloco
The link or rss feed didn't work for me :(,
I tested in opera, netscape 8 and IE..

Hmm, maybe I broke it when I tried to make it a link [headshake]

Jack

#14 superpig   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1825

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:27 AM

Quote:
Original post by dgweller
I get notified just like you guys once the link goes live (no kidding!).

Just so long as you don't have to rely on being notified by us guys [grin]

#15 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

Have they ported DirectX runtime to Mac?

From the direct download site:

Supported Operating Systems: Macintosh; TabletPC; ....

#16 jollyjeffers   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1538

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Well that would be an interesting development. I don't think DX runs on Mac's, nor is it planned to.

Jack

#17 LetsKillDave   Members   -  Reputation: 496

0Likes

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:46 AM

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

From the direct download site:

Supported Operating Systems: Macintosh; TabletPC; ....

Oops. We will fix that.

No, the DX runtime is not targeted to the Mac.

David "LetsKillDave" WellerNVIDIA Developer Programs ManagerPersonal blog http://letskilldave.comPersonal Twitterfeed: letskilldaveNVIDIA Developer Announcements Twitterfeed: nvidiadeveloper (clever name, eh? :-)

#18 jamesw   Members   -  Reputation: 400

0Likes

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Haha!

#19 trevaaar   Members   -  Reputation: 235

0Likes

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

The downloads page lists a few updates to things like DX10 and D3DX, but doesn't mention MDX updates. Surely more has gone into MDX 2.0...

#20 sirob   Members   -  Reputation: 1180

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:25 AM

Quote:
Original post by trevaaar
The downloads page lists a few updates to things like DX10 and D3DX, but doesn't mention MDX updates. Surely more has gone into MDX 2.0...

The only change to MDX2.0 I've noticed is that Mesh.NumberOfFaces was renamed to Mesh.FaceCount . Other than that, I havn't noticed anything different, though I'm sure some stuff has changed, and something was added. I wonder if the D3DXIntersectTri equivalent is still missing.

[EDIT] looks like Geometry.IntersectTriangle was added, so that's another change :).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS