Random crash tip

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 2 months ago
I've just spent a weird two days finding out a bug. It occurs that some 50 percent of our testers couldn't get the program to start, it had a so called mysterious crash on startup. I was able to pinpoint the location of the crash to RegisterScriptString. Weird thing is, that it wasn't giving any errors to the program, it just crashed. The lesson here is that I was using a scriptstring implementation from last summer with the new AngelScript version, and changing to a newer one fixed the crash. Obviously I hadn't remembered to update it lately. I was just thinking that is there a good reason to keep scriptstring separate from the library?
Advertisement
Plenty of developers use their own string registrations. Some register the std::string directly, others register the old asBSTR string. At least one project even registers multiple string types (though only of them has the string factory, of course).

It is separate from the script library in order to allow the application to use whatever matches its needs the best.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement