• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

[java] check out this cool javagame!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 dr-m   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 24 January 2001 - 08:41 PM

Check out www.teslatron.com It''s a multiplayer bomberman (or what ever it''s called) game as an applet (with a slick mini community in JSP wrapped around it!). / dr-m

Sponsor:

#2 joeG   Members   -  Reputation: 172

Posted 26 January 2001 - 02:42 AM

Heh, that''s the best implementation of Bomberman I''ve seen in Java (well I''ve only seen another, albeit buggy, version of Bomberman in Java). Did you help create it?

joeG

#3 JohnMunsch@zwave.com   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 29 January 2001 - 04:53 PM

The network performance of that version is painfully unresponsive. I played a two player game and my guy lagged a quarter of a second or more behind my actual key presses.

I like this version personally:

http://www.roberthockauf.de/bomberman/bomberman.shtml

But to be perfectly honest I''ve only played it within an office and not over the Internet.

John Munsch

#4 dr-m   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 January 2001 - 08:06 PM

personally, I like the response time it has. I played it over 28k8 modem without any problems.. And that is a big achievement (spell? IMHO.

(And, no, I did''nt make it... But i have an even cooler multiplayer game in development..
www.rocten.com

/ dr-m

#5 grbrg   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 30 January 2001 - 04:37 AM

With my ISDN modem it''s quite slow too...
So slow you can barely play it because you always run where you should not... ;-)
That''s a pitty because I like Bomberman and would like to be ranked better! *g*

------------------------------
www.BadEntertainment.net

#6 prophecy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 February 2001 - 02:18 PM

Good game, but the network play is pretty lagging.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS