• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

[java] Game programming with Java

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 grbrg   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 26 January 2001 - 03:49 AM

I''m just wondering how many of you out there do actually program games with Java? And what kind of games? Also, I''d like to hear some of your experiences and problem... Just wondering if it is worth to switch from C++ to Java... ;-) ------------------------------ www.BadEntertainment.net

Sponsor:

#2 Jerry Lynn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 January 2001 - 04:36 AM

Try starting with the FAQ. There are serveral lists of Java based games, both in progress and completed. There are also several articles on when and why you would use Java for game development.

http://games.cpbinc.com/faq

#3 JasonB   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 January 2001 - 05:00 AM

Hi

I did some games development work in 1999 for a online games company. Mainly multiplayer, puzzle and quiz type games, with fairly basic animation (all applets). They were the kind of games that you now see developed in Shockwave - at the time I don''t think Shockwave had enough network connectivity to accomplish what the company wanted (dunno about now).

I haven''t done anything more advanced - commercially that is.

If you want to see what''s possible though, have a look at www.sumea.com. A couple of their examples will blow your mind.

J.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS