• Create Account

[.net] merging multiple crystal reports in vb.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 cptrnet   Members   -  Reputation: 169

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

I have a ton of reports I need to combine. The problems is that one report is dynamic so it can be included a certain number of times. So if I make a main report and include them as subreports how would I include the same subreport for how many times I need it to display different data as the same report format. I have figured how to export just one report as a pdf and then combine them with adobe professional. I just need to figure out how to automate all this for the main people working on these reports. I would hate to tell them they have to export 100 somthing reports and then bring them into adobe professional and have to organize them by a certain number and report. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 MButchers   Members   -  Reputation: 123

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

Some time back at work I had simular issues whereby I had to generate large scale, single documnet PDF reports from multiple Crystal Reports and Delphi Quick Reports. This was a headache as obviously the 2 werent compatible and custom output ( rendering ) was generated in the Delphi Quick Reports.

To work around this I printed the output to the 'Generic PostScript Printer' and then merged/re-indexed the pages from the .PS ( Text ) files into 1 .PS file. Once this was done it was picked up by Adobe Acrobat Distiller and a PDF file was generated from it. This worked well but has the disadvantage of requiring Acrobat Distiller running somewhere to generate the output

Hope its of some help

Mark

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS