• Create Account

Capturing ALT-TAB and Windows key?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 vince   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 September 1999 - 02:45 PM

Anyone have some source code for catching ALT-TAB and the Windows key on Win95+98? We've tried the M$ suggested method of running as a screensaver but it doesn't seem to work all of the time.

I know it can be done since Half-Life does it.

------------------
-vince

Sponsor:

#2 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 15 September 1999 - 01:03 PM

Just off the top of my head... isn't the message called WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_SYSEVENT or something?

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

#3 vince   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 September 1999 - 01:34 PM

Just tried it. That doesn't catch ALT-TAB. It may catch the Windows key but I'm not on a computer that has one at the moment.

------------------
-vince

#4 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 15 September 1999 - 02:45 PM

Hmmm... OK...

What happens if you override (for MFC) or don't call (for Win32) the function "TranslateMessage"?

Does it still Alt+Tab?

ps - the actual message is WM_SYSCOMMAND, tho if SYSKEY didn't do it I doubt this one would. It looks like you can, however, block a screen saver via WM_SYSCOMMAND.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS