• Create Account

plug-ins

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 INVERSED   Members   -  Reputation: 172

Posted 17 September 1999 - 04:58 PM

I'm working on an app that I would like to make extendable with plug-ins in dlls. My question is how do I get my app to look for and load dlls that it doesn't even know are going to be there?

Sponsor:

#2 msn12b   Members   -  Reputation: 390

Posted 17 September 1999 - 07:33 AM

Two ways:

Hard: Create/register a COM interface/category/class factory that will contain the interface used to activate the plug-in. Then use COM API calls to enumerate the plugins available on the system and CoCreateInstance to instantiate them.

Easy: Specify a particular directory for plugins and specific exported functions to activate the plugins. Then use LoadLibrary(Ex) to load the libraries.

#3 mutex   Members   -  Reputation: 1109

Posted 17 September 1999 - 04:58 PM

you can get all the files in a directory by using FindFirstFile and FindNextFile, then try to LoadLibrary on all. i recommend just exporting functions, writing a COM interface is too much, unless you want to make it scriptable with JavaScript, VBScript with IActiveScript

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS