• Create Account

Get your own game development team on Ebay!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeinePwrdAl   Members   -  Reputation: 178

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Hey there, Are looking for a team to develop your next game? Then check out ebay where you can bid for the opertunity to command your own game development team, programmers, artists, designers, the complete package! Only $150k! :D http://cgi.ebay.com/Video-Game-Development-Team_W0QQitemZ8278223283QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I'm not involved with this, just saw it by chance! (If this is a repost, then sorry, I did search quick, couldnt find it). Novel idea for a game studio between projects or who fancy doing something querky for a change! :D If I only had $200k... This question made me chuckle! ;) Whats the chances that it was actually someone from the 3D Realms... Q: Can you help me finish Duke Nukem Forever? I just need a little help. A: Thanks for your inquiry, no. /Al

Twitter: @CaffinePwrdAl

Sponsor:

#2 Numsgil   Members   -  Reputation: 501

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:34 AM

That's interesting, but I don't see how any realistic game company can offer their services for 90 days.

The issue of 90 days aside (Assuming you used and understood libraries for everything, I doubt you could make anything polished more complex than maybe an NES game with better graphics. If you're going for a prototype, you might be able to pull off something modern and rough in 90 days, but that would really be pushing), what if they don't finish your game? You're in sort of a lurch then, aren't you? Out 150K without much to show for it. Most projects don't seem to finish all their milestones on time anyway.

That was sort of cynical, wasn't it? That came out harsher than I think I meant it.

#3 gumpy   Members   -  Reputation: 793

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

this belongs in the lounge or humor sections. i vote for the humor one.

This space for rent.

#4 Ravuya   Moderators   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
Original post by gumpy macdrunken
this belongs in the lounge or humor sections. i vote for the humor one.

You're right. Humour-binned.

#5 Kilvarn   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

I would guess that this might be the boys at www.garagegames.com. Dunno though, just my 2 pennies worth.

#6 smitty1276   Members   -  Reputation: 560

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, it probably is. It's funny and all, but it's actually kind of a cool idea.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS