C++ and game engines?

Started by
2 comments, last by Madjoker 24 years, 6 months ago
You're new to game programming but made some 3d games and don't know how to use 2D ? *lol*

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
Advertisement
It is true. I used a special programming tool to make the 3D games.
"...Mr. you just shot an unarmed man.""Well he should of armed himself..."Quote taken from Unforgivin
Hello, I am brand new to the world of game programming and I was just wondering how you build an engine for a game? How do you make 2D games? I have made some 3D games but never have tried to make 2D 'cause I didn't know how.
"...Mr. you just shot an unarmed man.""Well he should of armed himself..."Quote taken from Unforgivin
Made 3D games, but not 2D!? Hah! Indeed, that is something to laugh about. However, you're forcing me to assume that you used a 3D game building package which entailed very little "real" programming (and I'm not talking about a pre-packaged library, but an actual game building toolset). If that's the case, then you shouldn't say that you've made some 3D games - you only used some tools to create the resources (pictures, sons, scripts, etc.) that are used by the game engine. Anyway, explaining how to build a game engine isn't trivial - people have written entire books (most are around 1200 pages, yet some are 2500 pages plus). I recommend you buy a book which teaches you how to use the C++ programming language. Then, once you've completed that book, buy a book on game programming for C++. Good luck.

- Jesse Towner

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement