• Create Account

Need a little source code!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 24 October 1999 - 11:50 PM

I am working o implementing a "ping" function into one of my programs. I've found several people who have claimed to have simplified it, but their codes have errors in them! The first one wasn't bad, I wrote all the code and line where the ping is actually executed says something like "ping.Ping(svrHost); but when I compile it says that "ping" is not a valid identifier or something to the effect that it wasn't declared earlier in the program. I don't know how to fix this, so if anyone can give me ping code that works or tell me how to fix the other code I would be thankful! I don't want a complex ping that finds the round trip time, just one that will verify whether a server is up and running or not. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Sponsor:

#2 CJ   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 24 October 1999 - 11:50 PM

I don't know how you build up your code, but sometimes the headers have to be in a certain order. Also make sure you declared everything in the right header.

You can show us some code, so we might help you some more.

------------------
Dance with me......

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS