• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Help! Linker error with DX in MSVC++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 31 October 1999 - 12:50 PM

I'm trying to compile a DirectX program from "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" (demo6_1). This is my first attempt. I'm getting an unresolved external symbol error when building ("error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw4"). It's the IID_IDirectDraw4 parameter when calling QueryInterface.

I set up the DirectX include and library directories in Tools->Options and included ddraw.lib in the Object/Library modules in Projects->Settings.

Did I miss anything?

Sponsor:

#2 Facehat   Members   -  Reputation: 696

Posted 31 October 1999 - 12:08 PM

Add in dxguid.lib

--TheGoop

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 31 October 1999 - 12:50 PM

That did it! Thanks, Goop!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS