SMS? MMS? J2ME?

Started by
1 comment, last by jffortin 17 years, 9 months ago
Hello guys. My app can send SMS in a Nokia, but in an LG it can't send any. What can i do? How can i make it flawless? Thanks
Advertisement
It's hard (exist?) to find a piece of software that runs on every cellphone. So many development will focus in a specific model, specially if the task is API specific.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Quote:Original post by GoguigoHow can i make it flawless?

According to me, whatever is your solution it should be tested on all phones, and each of those phones should be treated as a different platform since each of them will have different bugs.

You can't just make flawless code with all phones. Some don't even implement the standards correctly...

I can't remember exactly how this works with Java phones but with Brew we had to check something in the application file (mif file) so it was allowed to send SMS. If there is such a setting, I'd check that first.

Otherwise, I don't know how J2ME manages SMS (my knowledge is limited), I used to work with Brew (2.x and 3.x) were SMS were standards, is it standard from the MIDP you're using (I don't have time to check right now)?

If it's standard, is it a known issue from the phone ? If it is, you'll have to find a workaround... start with google. If not, you might be using the API incorectly in the first time but the phone wasn't as strict as the LG, for example, not setting a required parameter.

From my experience with Brew phones, every phone is different, manages things differently and every port will come with its load of bugs that never appeared on others.

If not standard, is it accessed using phone specific APIs ? If it is... then you'll have to provide implementation for every phones using those specific APIs.

Without knowing which devices you are talking about it can be hard for others to help you further if it's a hardware problem.

JFF

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement