• Create Account

Trading Card game maker

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bravura   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

Greetings all, i need a little help. over the past year and a half i have created a trading card game. i hand wrote 1200 cards with about 800 being totally different. did it so i can get some playing time in to work out all the kinks. now i'm ready to start making offical decks, but not really sure where to start. i need a card making software to import drawings and info onto the card. So what do i use? preferable cheap for right now if not down right free. and where would you buy thicker paper for these? thanks for the help, anyone who trys altease

Sponsor:

#2 Mashiniblik   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

can it be hard to write your own program to do it?
wait... are you a programmer? lol

#3 Bravura   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:37 PM

Ha, not even close to one, thats why i wanted to see if there was one out there that could import image and information and choose a border.

#4 MotionCoil   Members   -  Reputation: 464

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:34 PM

It would appear that most designers use just stardard, off the shelf Desktop Publishing applications and graphical design applicationa.
I did find a site, albeit for playing cards but its similar in design process, that discusses a few of the points-
Production Methods

I would go about the production of the initial deck by designing a template in some sort of drawing package (Adobe Photoshop or a free alternative), or DTP, and manually add your images and data.
The other alternative is to go to a professional printers.

I'm guessing either way it will be, by no means, cheap.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck with the decks!

#5 Ezbez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1164

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:02 PM

Prehaps you should look into an electronic distribution method at first. Printing will be expensive. Either learn a programming language, like say Python, recruit a programmer to program it for you, or use a game-creator program (Google for that and you'll find several, many of which will be capable of making a card game).

As for importing drawings/information, any thing should work for that. You're probably not going to be finding any specialized programs for making cards, so you'll have to work with what you've got or can find. "Importing drawings" is no more than scanning it in. Any half-decent image manipulation program should allow that. The rest is text, which well, any quater-decent image manipulation program will allow you to do. But apart from that, I don't know how you could make it easier.

#6 Wiggin   Members   -  Reputation: 374

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:52 PM

You might want to consider the Gatling engine. I haven't tried it out myself though, but have a look.

#7 RedRobin   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

You might want to consider the Gatling engine. I haven't tried it out myself though, but have a look.

You can try Trading Card Maker .NET, an online card maker, it lets you customize the layout and background, symbols, font, color, etc. (And is FREE to use.)

Gatling engine has been taken over by domain squatters it looks like...

#8 Jeffreyp   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

You can try Trading Card Maker .NET, an online card maker, it lets you customize the layout and background, symbols, font, color, etc. (And is FREE to use.)

Gatling engine has been taken over by domain squatters it looks like...

You just replied to a 4-5years old topic ;p

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS