• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

3d mathematics

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpion   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 08 November 1999 - 03:34 AM

who can show me the way to the webpages, covering the explaination of the mathematics behind the 3d programming? [Edited by - Scorpion on June 6, 2007 3:34:05 PM]

Sponsor:

#2 stibbs   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 November 1999 - 02:30 AM

Ok there are a number of things to look at if you can find them.

The PC gamers encyclopedia which can be found in the reference section in www.gamedev.net/gamedev.asp has some good topics.

Also Zed3D document is exceptional but exceptionally difficult to find.

What level are you starting
ie.
Complete begginer
Know the basic's

#3 Scorpion   Members   -  Reputation: 137

Posted 04 November 1999 - 09:49 PM

know the basics is the level i would describe myself into. i've got some pretty good experience with pascal gfx programming, but not that much. i'm now working on my c++ skills, and it's going better everyday.. ;P So now i want to know some 3d mathematics like: how things work etc..

[Edited by - Scorpion on June 6, 2007 3:49:06 PM]

#4 Dave Astle   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 2307

Posted 05 November 1999 - 03:56 AM

Our reference section has several dozen articles covering 3D math. Try looking at some of those.

#5 drstrangeluv   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 November 1999 - 03:34 AM

While these aren't web sites, I found them to be very good for getting started. _The OpenGL Programming Guide, v1.2_ is a great place to start, even if you're using Direct3D. For more advanced topics that are still accessible, try _Real-Time Rendering_. I might actually recommend the later for your purposes, since it more heavily covers the math and theory behind certain graphics effects.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS