a new picture i drew ^_^

Started by
46 comments, last by Kest 17 years, 6 months ago
Tell me what you guys think. ^_^ i started a new style of japanese anime. Its going over well for me.......... i think. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/the_bouncer_2006/photo/294928803098501595/1 is the link ^_^
Advertisement
Er... hmmm.... sortof sci-fi/tech anime. Interesting style.
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
You nead to learn line-weight and shading, because the image looks way to flat right now. Also, your perspective and stance are way off; realistically, you couldn't twist that hard without a post to puch/pull on. Also, the arm lacks any shoulder, does not alter the fall of the breats the way its pulled up and...well...there just is no perspective.

Other than that, good work.
Just getting a white page...
I think it looks pretty good, but why are you posting it in the game design forum?

Don't listen to others who teach you how to conform your art. Art is, by definition, better being unconformed. A unique style is much more important than perfect shoulders or correct breasts.

I think your art is similar to the artist who did work for the Final Fantasy VI books. His style was also incorrect, but also very unique and beautiful.
looks pretty good...But, and I mean no offense by this, there are some rather amatureish anatomy issues that need to be resolved.
Her head seems to big for her body and her torso seems to be contorted wierdly. Other than that it's cool looking.

Question. Is the left breasts supposed to be larger than the right breast at that angle?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Kest
I think it looks pretty good, but why are you posting it in the game design forum?

Don't listen to others who teach you how to conform your art. Art is, by definition, better being unconformed. A unique style is much more important than perfect shoulders or correct breasts.

I think your art is similar to the artist who did work for the Final Fantasy VI books. His style was also incorrect, but also very unique and beautiful.

True, but you should know and be able to draw 'correctly' before claiming that you are doing some new art 'style'. If you don't do this, you may find a mob of angry starving artists waving pitchforks outside your door someday.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Quote:Original post by Talroth
True, but you should know and be able to draw 'correctly' before claiming that you are doing some new art 'style'.

There's no such thing as correct art. The fact that it is incorrect is what makes it art. A perfect rendering of reality would be a photo. A perfect rendering of anime would be a copy of someone else's style. The imperfections add to his style. If those imperfections conflict with other elements in his style, then that should be changed. But it's very difficult to determine how consistent his style is while only looking at this one image.
Ok i am taking this as constructive critisism to further advance myself ^_^. Anyways here is some before and after shots of my resent art done ^_^. I hope you guys enjoy ^_^

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/the_bouncer_2006/?change_count=0#page1

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement