• Create Account

Please Help a Beginner

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 28 July 1999 - 10:20 AM

Hello, I am learning to program using the WINAPI, not MFC, but I thought that someone here may be able to help me anyway. I am able to create a simple window, and draw shaped in it using GDI. But drawing shaped limits the things I can do, so I would like to know how to display a bitmap in my window. Please, I am rather young, so I dont have much money to purchase a book about windows programming, and I have searched the web, but I cant find anything that is very useful. If you know of any places that I can get a tutorial on how to display a bitmap in my window, please tell me. (I looked at the tutorial at reliablesoftware, so dont give me a link to that one please)
I use the Borland C++ 4.52 Compiler to compile and write my programs. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you.
-Brad

Sponsor:

#2 LeeIsMe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 July 1999 - 10:20 AM

I have two demos on my homepage that you might find useful, they are in the downloads section.
http://mazurek.dhs.org/3d/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS