• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

2D Graphics Library for C#?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 NotSlyPee   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

I'm looking for a free 2D graphics library to use with Visual C# 2005. Any suggestions? I know there's a list of free libraries here but they all seem to be for C++.

Sponsor:

#2 ToohrVyk   Members   -  Reputation: 1591

0Likes

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:38 AM

SDL.NET.

#3 kal_jez   Members   -  Reputation: 259

0Likes

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:55 AM

www.xna.com

I've been doing quite a bit of 2D in xna (SpriteBatches) and it is really nice. You can load textures with the content manager and use a nice easy draw call.

Or if you just need to do something simple the built in GDI+ system (by overiding the Paint method) does work but it isn't fast.

[Edited by - kal_jez on April 1, 2007 8:55:15 AM]

#4 NotSlyPee   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:45 AM

Quote:
Original post by kal_jez
www.xna.com

I've been doing quite a bit of 2D in xna (SpriteBatches) and it is really nice. You can load textures with the content manager and use a nice easy draw call.

Or if you just need to do something simple the built in GDI+ system (by overiding the Paint method) does work but it isn't fast.

Where can i find XNA tutorials?

#5 gharen2   Members   -  Reputation: 520

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:22 AM

Quote:
Original post by NotSlyPee
Where can i find XNA tutorials?

Your good friend www.google.com can supply you with tons.

#6 JamesLewis   Members   -  Reputation: 234

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:15 PM

Try www.xnatutorial.com - really good video tutorials walking you through the basics of xna. Or http://geekswithblogs.net/clingermangw/category/5306.aspx - these ones helped me get started.

James

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS