• Create Account

Setting projection matrix in D3D crashes 50% of computers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 15 September 1999 - 03:15 PM

Hi.

I'm preparing a demo to add to my website. It uses D3DIM. It runs perfectly on both of my systems, but crashes misserably on about half of the other systems that I've tested it on. The crash occurs at the SetTransform call in the following code:

> // - PREPARE THE PROJETION MATRIX -
>
> D3DMATRIX Projection;
>
> MatrixIdentity(&Projection);
>
> Projection.m[2][3] = 1;
> Projection.m[3][2] = -0.01;
> Projection.m[3][3] = 0.0;
>
> d3dDevice->SetTransform(D3DTRANSFORMSTATE_PROJECTION, &Projection);

SetTransform crashes internally, and doesn't come back with a return value.

d3dDevice has been set up successfully in order for the code to reach this point, but I suppose there may be something wrong before execution gets to SetTransform.

If anyone has had similar problems, or can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

personal.pitnet.net/ivpresents ... the demo will be here soon (by this weekend hopefully).

Sponsor:

#2 mutex   Members   -  Reputation: 1109

Posted 15 September 1999 - 03:15 PM

hmmm, i think you may be sending a weird projection matrix. i've never had the problem, but you could try to instead use D3DUtil_SetProjectionMatrix function in d3dutil.cpp from directx sdk.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS