• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

cannot open file 'and.obj'

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 songofuriel   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

What does this error means? Linking... LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'and.obj' I just have this application that is purely OpenGL.. I'm using Microsoft Visual C++. Kindly help me.. please.. thanks. :)

Sponsor:

#2 Evil Steve   Members   -  Reputation: 1986

0Likes

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:56 AM

It means that the linker can't open "and.obj" either because it's missing, or because some other program is writing to it.

I've had this problem once or twice before, and rebooting fixed it (The linker crashed when it had the file open).

#3 songofuriel   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Hmm.. so, where can I download the and.obj file? And in what file path should I put it in? Thanks :)

#4 Evil Steve   Members   -  Reputation: 1986

0Likes

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:21 AM

Quote:
Original post by songofuriel
Hmm.. so, where can I download the and.obj file? And in what file path should I put it in? Thanks :)
obj files are intermediate files generated by the compiler. Presumably you have a file called "and.cpp", which the compiler compiles into "and.obj". The linker then links all of the object files together and creates the executable.

What version of MSVC are you using? And do you have an "and.cpp" file?

#5 songofuriel   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. No, I don't have any and.cpp file. x_X

#6 cshowe   Members   -  Reputation: 360

0Likes

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:00 AM

It means you copied and pasted the following line (or something similar)

"Add the libraries opengl32.lib glu32.lib and glaux.lib to your additional dependencies"

Since you copied and pasted "opengl32.lib glu32.lib and glaux.lib" the linker is looking for a file called "and" and appending the default extension .obj. This is why copy and pasting from tutorials is a bad idea

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS