• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

voxel graphics

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 drizzit   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 October 1999 - 01:47 AM

I was just looking for a voxel graphics convertor or a 3d program that can make them and read them

Sponsor:

#2 Coconut Daemon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 October 1999 - 07:18 PM

For a voxel landscape, try rendering a dead-on overhead view of a map in 3ds Max, with the renderer set to z values rather than RGB values. This should be a pretty good heightfield... it's roughly how Outcast (www.appeal.be) is handling things. They have a pretty sophisticated document on the subject on their site; look for the "GDC Presentation."

#3 Niels   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 October 1999 - 01:47 AM

Talking about outcast - have anyone managed to download the demo and actually get it to work? I've downloaded 4 different versions from 4 different sites - all with ZIP errors (I HAVE tried different ZIP tools, including the most recent WinZip).

I'm kind of tired of 100MB+ downloads that doesn't work , but eager to see how the game looks "in action".... The screenshots are bloody cool, despite the low resolution.

/Niels

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS