• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

- - - - -

01.00 - START HERE

• You cannot reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic

#41 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 27 November 2002 - 11:08 AM

I have a question. I love this fourm and the teaching u are providing are Execlent but I belive that i will have to aquire more knoledge to get a job in the feild of game desigw what do u think. I am unable to relocate to the schools i have found that teach game design but i have come across one online i was just wondering if you could take a look at the course outline or know anything about the company itself and let me know wether you think it will get me to where i want to be. www.gameinstitute.com I would apreciate any response would apreciate it so much more if u could email me and let me know i will check the fourm frequently as well. thank you very much.
mjanes9118@rogers.com
TsB_TaLoN

Sponsor:

#42 clo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 December 2002 - 06:30 AM

hi, im in...definetly )

#43 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 27 December 2002 - 07:04 AM

just so everyone knows this forum is up so people can have a start at Game Programming. Teej does not moderate this forum anymore. Ask Myopic Rhino why, cuz I don''t know the reason. Anyway instead of "Teej keep up the good work." how about "everyone who looked at this forum and is doing Tetris, keep up the good work!"

#44 Nexus999   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:41 AM

Here am I. This is one of the many steps to fullfilling my dream to becoming a game programing. I can''t wait to attain all the knowledge held in this canister.

#45 JonShrapnel   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 January 2003 - 08:11 AM

Yo, just registered, I''m total complete newbie to game programming. I don''t know crap about it yet, but trying really hard to get myself into this since I''ve been making artwork like maps, Music Textures and sound FX for games like Unreal, Quake2 for about 4 years now. I want to take everything a step higher now by designing my own games like 2d side scrollers and RPG games and such so I can get an understanding about how Game Programming works, then move up to more advanced types if I can.

- irc.enterthegame.com #diehard-design

#46 Just Another User   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 January 2003 - 07:40 PM

w00t w00t

"Mankind has always sought to substitute energy for reason, as if running faster will give one a better sense of direction. Periodically we should stop and ask ourselves if our efforts are focused upon the crux of the problem—the things that must be settled if there is to be a manageable solution—or if we are expending our energies on side issues which cannot yield a decision, no matter what their outcome."

#47 yodaman   Members   -  Reputation: 188

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:25 AM

Heck ya!
ive been looking for somehting like this! Im at the point right now in programming where I feel im ready for the challenge of making a real game, so I quess im in luck!

#48 annabelles_fury   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:06 AM

Hi! I''m here to learn to design and write games.

Well that was interesting. Wasn''t it?

I suppose I can make it more interesting by saying that I was page 3 Sun girl who wanted to meet some brainy guy... but that would be lying and not very fair to you guys!

I am 20 years old and have only really found games in the last two years when I suddenly realised that there might be something to computers if both my Dad and boyfriend were in the ''bis'' as such. They are both into hardware so I thought I''d leave them to the macho stuff and go into software.

The fact I''ve only been into games for two years is my excuse for not being able to play at any level higher than I''m A Wimp and I''m Slightly Less Than A Wimp. A poor excuse I know for a would-be game-programmer and I''m working at it. On the plus side I do enjoy programming in C++... if only I knew how to put the scraps of knowledge into something more concrete... Hey that''s why I''m here isn''t it!?!

Yesterday the world was great and misery was a thing of tomorrow. Guess what? It''''s tomorrow!

#49 M0RBIUS   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 June 2003 - 09:03 PM

Finally, after a LOT of searching, a development forum that seems to be alive and well!

Looking forward to everything Grand Master Teej has to offer!

/^\ ()---() /^\
/ \_\0 0/_/ \
| ___ VV __ |
\ / ( )( ) \ /
V ^^ ^^ V

#50 dark_radeon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:31 AM

are these C++ tutorials and some other tutorials about API''s or what, because i don''t see the tutorials

-Zeke''''s Signature

#51 LaCelestina   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 July 2003 - 06:13 PM

Hello all, I'm fairly new to this forum, and also to c/c++ language, and i would like to tell that Master Teej, that you can count me in.

I've searched in various sites, and this is one of the best for newbies (and other levels) site i've found ever. I just can wait to join and begin with the learning.

I just want to let you know that you're doing a great job Master Teej, and i want you to keep it up!

[edited by - LaCelestina on July 14, 2003 1:18:16 AM]

#52 right   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 September 2003 - 12:04 AM

Coolness, I''ve been searching for something like this for some time

#53 Dransic   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:57 AM

Hi im very interested i what you have to teach hope i learn something.

You can leave and beat the traffic or you can stay and beat your meat.

Blink 182

PARTNERS