• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Need Information Regarding PS2, DC

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Babu   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 October 1999 - 02:22 PM

Hi There

I work for a multimedia company and we decided to develop plug-in's for PS2, DC, etc., I did some research on PS2 and DC but I couldn't find any relevant information about the Software Development Tools, compilers i mean where to buy them, where can I get them, who will develop them etc.,
Please give me some information where can I buy them (I know it's costly).
Is there any other third party company that develops SDK's for PS2 (Other than SONY)
I want to know even what BROWSER is going to
be used in PS2 and DC(I heard about PlanetWeb Browser is included in DC).

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Babu
babu_games@yahoo.com

------------------
babu_games@yahoo.com

Sponsor:

#2 Nomad   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 October 1999 - 02:22 PM

In developing for the Dreamcast you can choose to use either sega's api or window's ce (probably allowing you to use a normal compiler). On the ps2 however the only way to develop software is to buy their developer kit 1st party from sony.

hop i helped,
Nomad

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS