C# Workshop - Introduction

• You cannot reply to this topic
159 replies to this topic

#141 ExcessNeo   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 564

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Quote:
Original post by Stormtrooper30
Yea, it would have been smarter to start the Workshop so that it ends before school starts. It will be hard to do this and my homework every night.

You cant really host a worldwide workshop like this and sort it so that not a single person doing the workshop has school at some point.

It starts a few weeks before im out of school, it finishes a few weeks after i start next year. If the workshop was moved back a few weeks it would have started in the middle of very important exams, and i highly doubt youll have homework every night, i dont even have that and im a year away from university :)

Sponsor:

#142 bschneid   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
Original post by ExcessNeo
Quote:
Original post by Stormtrooper30
Yea, it would have been smarter to start the Workshop so that it ends before school starts. It will be hard to do this and my homework every night.

You cant really host a worldwide workshop like this and sort it so that not a single person doing the workshop has school at some point.

It starts a few weeks before im out of school, it finishes a few weeks after i start next year. If the workshop was moved back a few weeks it would have started in the middle of very important exams, and i highly doubt youll have homework every night, i dont even have that and im a year away from university :)

err, just thought that I'd point out that I do indeed have homework every night, along with over the summer, and its highly possible that many others here do. You are correct though, that no matter when it is, it is likely to conflict with schedules and there is nothing that can be done. If you can stay motivated, it shouldn't be a problem.

#143 Stormtrooper30   Members   -  Reputation: 222

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

O, I forgot about European schools. srry.

I have homework every night and over thesummer break.
I suppose that it is impossible to schedule it so that everyone is out of school.

#144 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

Well I'm studying for my Network+, Active Directory, Exchange 2003, and my Web Developer MCTS. So don't worry you guys aren't in that boat alone. But I'm still going to do my bestest!

Plus, 300 pages in 10 weeks isn't bad. Especially if you've ever studied using Skillport. Bleh [razz]

edit: less than 2 hours away .... ohhhh joy [grin]

#145 Rahl   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Can't wait, this is going to be fun! :)

#146 Stormtrooper30   Members   -  Reputation: 222

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Its 11 here, will Jwalsh post the first chapter at midnight? When is midnight for Jwalsh?

#147 Rahl   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

3 hours, he lives in California, so it's only 9 PM there.

#148 Stormtrooper30   Members   -  Reputation: 222

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
Original post by Rahl
3 hours, he lives in California, so it's only 9 PM there.

Damnit! Jwalsh, if you can hear me, its 12 on the east coast so post the first chapter... please.

#149 Rahl   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

lol...I know, I want it too : (

#150 Stormtrooper30   Members   -  Reputation: 222

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

OK Jwalsh, Its 12 oclock here... you wouldnt be mean and keep me waiting would you?

Or atleast could you tell us when you are gonna post it? CauseI hope Im staying upfor nothing and youare gonna post it midday tomorrow.

#151 omegv   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:50 PM

this workshop has come at a good time, I'm preparing to begin my thesis and I have to learn C# and XNA.

#152 JWalsh   Moderators   -  Reputation: 463

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Storm, the workshop has begun, The Week 1 thread has been posted, along with review questions to help you with learning the key parts of chapters 1 and 2.

Cheers!
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints

#153 earlysnack   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

Oh is it july 1 already?
Hehe, yeah, of course it is.

Wont sign up but will try to keep up "in the background".

Good job JWalsh, lets hope by October all of us to be semi-advanced on C# [wink]

#154 wolf2801   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:30 AM

name: Justin
email: will PM

hmm hope its not too late to sign up

#155 HeftiSchlumpf   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

I am already coding tons of code with c#, but maybe i missed something.
So count me in please! :)

#156 zshifflett   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

zshifflett
student
PM'ed already

#157 Ezbez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1164

0Likes

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:18 AM

Well, I like the new setup. But can we have the 'new rules' for this place? When should we start a thread? Are we supposed to label it as either 'beginner' or 'advanced'? Etc. Also, how can I get to these forums from the main page without the link in the old forum?

#158 superpig   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1825

0Likes

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
Also, how can I get to these forums from the main page without the link in the old forum?
Currently, you can't.

#159 Mike.Popoloski   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2931

0Likes

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

I must say, great job superpig! The effort you are putting in is greatly appreciated.

#160 Ambro   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Hi. I would like to get into programming and so was looking around on the net and just noticed this thread. Would it still be possible for me to sign up. Thanks

PARTNERS