Quick, but dumb question...

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 4 months ago
Yes, Half-life uses 3d-studio models.
But if you are making a simpler game with, lets say 2d/iso view, you can first make a
small picture out of it first, then add it to your game (a.k.a. a sprite)

Hope that i've helped!

Jonatan Hedborg
Advertisement
Yes, Half-life uses 3d-studio models.
But if you are making a simpler game with, lets say 2d/iso view, you can first make a
small picture out of it first, then add it to your game (a.k.a. a sprite)

Hope that i've helped!

Jonatan Hedborg
If you mean can it create the graphics of a person walking or the picture on a wall in a doom game, then yes it can.

If you mean can it create the 3D points and triangles used in a game like Quake to render as the space the user walks around in, then yes it can do that also.

Pretty cool program.

William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Can 3d Studio Max be used to create the in-game graphics? I'm a newbie (if ya couldn't already tell), and I don't know if you could or not...

===
MaX

Alright... well, could I make a 3d character in 3d studio max, then use that 3d character in the game, as the main character (which would be controlled by the user)? That'd be cool... because, I'm making a 2d RPG (in the same style of Suikoden, FF3, Wild Arms ect.) and I was wondering if this was a good program to use for this particular game...

a while back I bought 2 big-arse books on MAX, and learned the basics. So, I guess they came in handy, huh!

===
MaX

Alright... well, could I make a 3d character in 3d studio max, then use that 3d character in the game, as the main character (which would be controlled by the user)? That'd be cool... because, I'm making a 2d RPG (in the same style of Suikoden, FF3, Wild Arms ect.) and I was wondering if this was a good program to use for this particular game...

a while back I bought 2 big-arse books on MAX, and learned the basics. So, I guess they came in handy, huh!

===
MaX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement