• Create Account

Quick, but dumb question...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 03 December 1999 - 11:49 AM

Can 3d Studio Max be used to create the in-game graphics? I'm a newbie (if ya couldn't already tell), and I don't know if you could or not...

===
MaX

Sponsor:

#2 HIND-D   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 December 1999 - 11:26 AM

Yes, Half-life uses 3d-studio models.
But if you are making a simpler game with, lets say 2d/iso view, you can first make a
small picture out of it first, then add it to your game (a.k.a. a sprite)

Hope that i've helped!

#3 HIND-D   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 December 1999 - 11:27 AM

Yes, Half-life uses 3d-studio models.
But if you are making a simpler game with, lets say 2d/iso view, you can first make a
small picture out of it first, then add it to your game (a.k.a. a sprite)

Hope that i've helped!

#4 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 03 December 1999 - 11:27 AM

If you mean can it create the graphics of a person walking or the picture on a wall in a doom game, then yes it can.

If you mean can it create the 3D points and triangles used in a game like Quake to render as the space the user walks around in, then yes it can do that also.

Pretty cool program.

#5 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Alright... well, could I make a 3d character in 3d studio max, then use that 3d character in the game, as the main character (which would be controlled by the user)? That'd be cool... because, I'm making a 2d RPG (in the same style of Suikoden, FF3, Wild Arms ect.) and I was wondering if this was a good program to use for this particular game...

a while back I bought 2 big-arse books on MAX, and learned the basics. So, I guess they came in handy, huh!

===
MaX

#6 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Alright... well, could I make a 3d character in 3d studio max, then use that 3d character in the game, as the main character (which would be controlled by the user)? That'd be cool... because, I'm making a 2d RPG (in the same style of Suikoden, FF3, Wild Arms ect.) and I was wondering if this was a good program to use for this particular game...

a while back I bought 2 big-arse books on MAX, and learned the basics. So, I guess they came in handy, huh!

===
MaX

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS