• Create Account

- - - - -

Linux Ubuntu?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gallivan   Members   -  Reputation: 158

0Likes

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

Is it possible (or accepted) to program C# with Linux (specifically Ubuntu)? I did a quick search and found a program called Mono, although I'm not sure if I should take part in this Workshop due to my operating system.

Sponsor:

#2 Oluseyi   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1670

0Likes

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
Original post by Gallivan
Is it possible (or accepted) to program C# with Linux (specifically Ubuntu)?

Yes.

Quote:
I did a quick search and found a program called Mono, although I'm not sure if I should take part in this Workshop due to my operating system.

So long as the workshop doesn't rely on portions of the .NET Framework that are poorly implemented in Mono or proprietary extensions, you should be fine.

#3 Gallivan   Members   -  Reputation: 158

0Likes

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

Great, my Hello World compiled!

Thanks Oluseyi, I still have my Windows XP disc on-hand should it require it, but I'm glad I can still participate without reinstalling another OS.

#4 Gallivan   Members   -  Reputation: 158

0Likes

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

I ran into another problem:

When asking for user input in Mono // myInput = Console.ReadLine(); //, it is impossible for me to input anything via the Mono screen.

It also gives me this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00014] in /build/buildd/mono-1.2.3.1/mcs/class/corlib/System/Int32.cs:551
at IfSelect.Main () [0x00010] in /home/matt/workshop/workshop/Main.cs:13

EDIT: Fixed it by setting the Project Options to run an external console.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS