• Create Account

My display keeps tearring...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 11 August 1999 - 06:09 PM

For some odd reason my display keeps tearring. I believe that the problem comes from DirectX. I do not believe that I am setting up DirectX correctly. If you would like to see the problem you can download the program from:
http://mike010.hypermart.net/demo.zip
If you think that you can help email me at Mike010@netZero.net and I will send you the source code.

Sponsor:

#2 Dirk Stevens   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 August 1999 - 07:24 PM

Use double buffering. Read the official DX help, there is a double buffering example there.

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 11 August 1999 - 06:09 PM

I didn't have a chance to review the code..
But check your buffering.

if you have your own blit routines...like locking, blitting, and unlocking video memory then try erasing your background before blitting the new one.

You could always do dirty rects and make sure you memmove your screen and only draw the changes. But if using color 0 routines on the dirty sections then erase those sections first then draw over.

Sorry I don't have a real answer..its been a while since I did 2d stuff.

-DeadLine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS