• Create Account

- - - - -

Did the workshop help out?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mastadon   Members   -  Reputation: 145

0Likes

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

Hi everyone, I want to learn more about C# and how to use it, and was wondering how the workshop worked out for everyone. Did it help you gain an understanding of C#? I know it won't make an expert out of a beginner, but is it equivalent to other learning sources like books? Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Captain_Thunder   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 172

0Likes

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

As with the C++ workshop, it seems as though there was a lot of discussion in the beginning, but over time, it became little more than announcements to read the current week's chapter [wink]

There are still the exercises and projects though, and the rest of the GDNet forums to help you if you get stuck, so there's nothing wrong with starting here.

#3 foolios   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:04 AM

It will help you. Read through whatever book you want, ask questions here at the forums about what you don't understand.
Then begin the projects. Work through as much of the projects as you can from what you learned/know and ask for help with the parts that you get stuck with.
I really think the practice of doing the projects will benefit you the most.
The bonus is that these forums have very active members willing to give you feedback.
Take advantage of that and get started.

I learned a lot from this workshop even though I didn't finish the projects.
I didn't have a clue what object oriented programming was about.
Now I really believe I understand classes and the objects created from them.
Even though I don't have time right now to dig back in and get the learning experience from the actual exercise. I feel confident that when I do, I will be that one level better at attempting it than I would have been if I hadn't followed along with the workshop.

Good Luck!

#4 Ezbez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1164

0Likes

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:36 AM

It helped me out a great deal. I'd still be using C++ if it wasn't for the C# workshop.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS