• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

[.net] mono

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 dillscon   Members   -  Reputation: 142

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:01 AM

I was going to ask this in another thread but it was just closed apparently. I looked at the mono project website and they have a version of windows. Whats the benefit of using a windows version? Is it just another compiler choice?

Sponsor:

#2 Leandro GR   Members   -  Reputation: 533

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:17 AM

I think it's good for Mono developers to run Test Cases, so they can run it on both Microsoft .Net Framework and Mono to see if it's behaving as expected.

It might be good to test your app if you are targeting it to run on both frameworks too.

I don't know any other benefit to it.

#3 dmoonfire   Members   -  Reputation: 200

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

Mono also has a bunch of other libraries packaged with it that don't always work that well with .NET. Gtk# is one example, the Cairo stuff is another. I think they also want to work consistently across all platforms, not just avoid the ones that Microsoft is supporting.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS