• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Voodoo2 makes trouble with my DirectX - 3d - Engine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Weaser   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 August 1999 - 09:56 PM

following problems occure when i try to run my 3d-engine with a v2 12mb but they do not occure when using a ati-rage2 or a riva128:

* the backbuffer+z-buffer doesn´t get cleared, equal if using the IDirect3dViewPort3.clear or clear2 method, but the errorcode is D3D_OK

* when trying to use textures with a voodoo2 they are messed up, they look like stripes, but the errorcode is always D3D_OK

if anybody knows, which special things i have to remind of when using a voodoo2 please write
thanks

Sponsor:

#2 NuFAN   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 August 1999 - 08:36 PM

Hi,
about the second problem, maybe you use bigger textures than 256*256 ? Voodoo doesn't support bigger ones. One possible reason.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

#3 Weaser   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 August 1999 - 09:56 PM

the highest textureresolutuions i use are 256x256

the strange thing is, that everything is working perfect on a cheap ati or riva128

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS