• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

NFS3-HELP!!!! cannot get glide to work

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 caribou_nf   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 August 1999 - 01:19 AM

I have tried everything I can think of. I have check for and downloaded ANY patches or fixes, I have checked the CD and I have even checked the maker of my CPU & Video card to see if help is there. My problem is this, I can get D3D to work fine, but I want to get glide to work. In the 3D setup it says that I have choosen 3DFX VooDoo 3, but the logo sceen for 3DFX does not appear. I have a VooDoo 3 2000 PCI and it also says on the 3DFX site that my game is directly supported for 3DFX glide. Anyone that can give me a hand, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 15 August 1999 - 01:19 AM

Have you disabled the splash screen? Make sure u haven't and try again. Besides, all games don't show the splash no matter what you select. But, I must ask: are there two options in the 3d setup, like one for D3D and different for Glide? There should be. 3Dfx VooDoo sounds directx to me, not glide. And make sure you have the right glide version installed (if the game uses glide 2. something, you can't use glide3x.dll, as the game doesn't detect it.)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS